Face shields

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face shields

I got a few New in Box shields at an auction that have a chin guard on the bottom. I actually thought they were packed two to a box so I was a bit disappointed. Has anybody used one of these for extended sessions?
    http://www.honeywellsafety.com/Produ...ceshields.aspx

Rob
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Face shields

They seem like they would be a bit heavier than the Uvex Bionic face shields, but they are ANSI Z87.1 -2003 impact rated. The chin pieces would help support the visor glass during and impact. Since you have them, give it a try.

Comment

Those look pretty good to me, Rob.

Noel
      "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
      'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
      "
      John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

I am concerned about feeling claustrophobic, I mostly use face shields for wire brushing. When I used to do some turning it never occurred to me to use a mask, I find safety glasses annoying enough, but times have changed.
        Rob

Comment

I am not without my face shield when at the lathe. I do not need to worry about stray chips or loose bark. I do not turn risky material and use as much common sense as I can muster.

Powered air masks are on the heavier side, but as long as they are balanced in design, you do not hear of many people complaining about wearing them for longer periods of time. You hear more about the vibration being annoying.
          KenL likes this.

Comment

+1 with Lloyd's comments above. I don't see how you could feel claustrophobic in a clear face mask but, to be fair, I could not relate!

They seem like good quality masks to me.

Ken

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X